Bratty, horny, babies.

     Yesterday our septic tank overflowed again. Luckily, I had tons of stuff to do out of the house, so I got to leave and pretend it wasn't happening for most of the day. Gage and I picked up her Rx at Walmart, where it never fails that some stupid old person who thinks they're cute starts touching my baby and making weird noises at her, without asking me. It's dangerous. Strangers have germs and ill intentions. What makes it worse is that I'm deaf in one ear and sometimes can't hear the commotion over my shoulder until it's too late and this idiot has her hands on Bug's FACE! Yesterday it was an old man, and even though I was holding her on my hip, this fucker managed to boop her nose. Bug looked at him like he was a moron. Her little eyebrows were furrowed and she dropped the pacifier out of her mouth. I took a step back and mumbled a response to his question about her age, and we moved on, with homeboy still reaching out to touch her again. Dude. Get your rickety old fingers off my kid, this isn't 1955 and I am not friendly. Fuck right off.
 
    When I met up with Gage at the checkout, he told me some girls were checking him out and following him around the store. I instantly knew which teenage succubus' they were. I passed these blond things a couple times in the food section. They were giggling and stupid and probably plotting my sweet son's demise, the bitches. I actually see girls looking at him all the time, and I swear all they look like to me are giant unfertilized eggs. As Gage once said, "teenage girls are just bratty, horny babies". Agreed.

     Dinner with my in-laws for Husband's birthday was nice, and Bug was extra entertaining because the new meds for her ear infection make her loopy. I'm pretty sure she was seeing trails. Gage didn't say much during the meal because he was shoveling BBQ pork into his face, and Husband was sweet enough to put up with the singing waitresses and obligatory birthday celebration, which I insist on putting him through every year :)

     Oh! I felt like a total badass today because I found time to mop the entire downstairs, which is like...a billion square feet, I made dinner and dessert, did a load of laundry, two loads of dishes, and still had time to shower and wear actual clothes rather than pajamas, all with a sick baby in tow.
     Ha! Less than a year ago I would not have felt the accomplishment I feel right now over the day I had. Less than a year ago I thought I was a failure and incomplete as a woman because I didn't have two jobs and a school schedule to juggle along with being a Mom. It's funny how simply being used to something sets the bar for you. My idea of what makes me a good woman has nothing to do with how many things I can struggle at and then wear a ridiculous badge about being a single Mom who can handle anything. Now I know that what makes me a good woman is the same thing that makes my husband a good man, or what makes anyone a good person. Integrity.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~Abraham Lincoln

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Masturbatory condiments.

For Mother's Day: I do not want to be around non-English speaking midgets.

I am a delicate fucking flower.