Check baby, check baby 1..2...3...4...

     I have been so busy! Our truck is finally going to be fixed this week, after a month long engine rebuild. It's a 1984 Dodge Ram pickup that the parents are letting Husband use for work. Why a month long venture? Because the whole thing took place in our backyard, not a shop. Things happen, people get pneumonia, bolts rust and break off, parts have to be ordered....and so on.
   
     For nearly two months I have been working on getting all the legal ducks in a row so that Husband can do business in Florida as a wood floor installer. The process has been ridiculous. Far too expensive, too many hoops to jump through, nobody can give you a straight answer to anything and even the people who do this type of work aren't entirely sure how to do it legally. We ended up with two business tax receipts (aka business licenses), one for the city and one for the county. Insurance, IRS code, fictitious business name registry and newspaper ad, and a couple other things I'm forgetting, and the grand total was in the neighborhood of $1000. Yet, it is not required to be certified as a floor installer. Huh? Dumb. In California, you have to take a state test to make sure you know what you're doing, and you are then licensed. Then you pay for a bond in case you get sued, put an ad in the paper and that's that. Know how to do the job, then go do it. Here, you can just SAY you can do it, and then go do it. Even if you've never done it before, or have any clue how to do it, it doesn't matter. So, these people are hiring Joe whatever the fuck to install their floors, and what they get could be horrible.
     For example, the parents (who own a flooring store) hired Joe whatever the fuck to do their tile downstairs, and he installed it all fucked up so you trip on it as you walk through the door. He also did the stairs wrong, and the wood in the hallway too. IN THE OWNER'S HOUSE. That's how stupid this guy was. Frustrating. I cannot wait until Husband gets out there and sets the bar where it should be for these people. So anyway, that's what I've been up to.

     The other fun shit going on has been the flea infestation. It's really bad. And the cat doesn't even come inside the house. I resorted to spraying chemicals in the house, and it didn't work. So now I'm going to try the salt and vacuum method. Basically, pour salt on the carpet and furniture, and vacuum. Twice a day. We'll see how long I can keep that up... I did tape a flea collar to the inside of the vacuum canister. That made me feel better.

     Oh and then Gage is leaving for the summer, on Monday. Husband and I have been depressed about it. And nervous, because we don't trust his bio-dad, we don't know what environment he'll be in, and there's always that fear that Gage could want to stay out there and live with that guy,. We doubt it, but still. All Gage's friends are out there, and he has zero here, just like us. It must be tempting. He says he plans to be with his friends most of the time while he's there, haha! Like...dad who? Mostly, we will just miss him terribly. And Bug will too. Ugh. I've been trying not to think about it. I don't wanna cry right now!

     I finally got to a playgroup, but only the lady who runs it showed up, the other 2 Moms that RSVP'd flaked out. That's okay, the lady I met was really nice. I'm gonna try a couple more play days with them to see if I wanna join. I think with Gage being gone, I'll really need to occupy myself so I don't go crazy missing him. So Bug and I will try gymnastics, playgroups, splash pad at the park...whatever we can find.

     The coolest thing that happened is Mom2 (Mom in law) gave me the ipod she never got around to using. I have wanted one for so long, and I love it! It took forever for me to figure it out, but now I have 200 songs and I'm seriously addicted. Me and Bug dance through the house all day! I realized as I was downloading how awful some of my music taste is...but hey, I was an 80's kid in suburbia, I can't help it! Here, I'll leave you with a couple songs I got yesterday. Enjoy! Or don't, I don't give a shit!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Masturbatory condiments.

For Mother's Day: I do not want to be around non-English speaking midgets.

I am a delicate fucking flower.